HANDBOOK FOR SOLEMNIZING OFFICERS AND A DIRECTORY LAUNCHED
A Handbook for Solemnizing Officers in the
The Handbook for Solemnizing Officers is based on Administrative No.1, Series of 2007 issued by the Office of the Civil Registrar General is an easy- to- comprehend reference for Solemnizing Officers and Local Civil Registrars anchored on Memoranda/Circulars issued by the Office of the Civil Registrar General, Department of Justice opinions and Philippine Supreme Court decisions.
It is highly recommended by the Honorable Carmelita N. Ericta, NSO Administrator and Civil Registrar General. This Handbook is authored by Dr. Salvador A. Aves and co-authored by Atty. Anecito E. Tiempo.
Meanwhile, a Directory of Solemnizing Officers in the
Salient features of the Handbook are as follow:
- Legal Basis Governing Registration of Authority of Solemnizing Officers to Solemnize Marriage with OCRG
- An Illustrative Case on a Ministerial Duty on the Part of OCRG to Issue Authorization to Solemnize Marriages to Solemnizing Officers Pending Court Decision
- An Illustrative Case of a Member of a Judiciary Who Celebrated Marriage Without Marriage License and Outside of Court’s Jurisdiction
- Liability of Solemnizing Officer Who Signs Marriage Contract Before the Marriage License is Obtained.
- An Illustrative Case of a Solemnizing Officer Who Performed Marriage Ceremony Where One of the Contracting Parties was Under the Age of Consent.
- An Illustrative Case Concerning an Issue of Nullity of Marriage Due to Absence of a Valid Marriage License and the Lack of Authority to Solemnize Marriage of the Solemnizing Officer
- DOJ Opinion Re Coverage of Muslim Solemnizing Officers to Register Their Authority to Solemnize Marriage With OCRG.
- Tribal Leaders or Authorities and Traditional Socio Political Structures Certified by National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP)
- Duty of the Solemnizing Officer as Required Under the Marriage Laws of the
- OCRG Memorandum to LCR’s on Nullity of Marriage Due to Absence of Valid Marriage License and Lack of Authority to Solemnize Marriage
- Can There Be a Valid Marriage Even Without a Marriage Ceremony?
- OCRG’S Memorandum Re Effects of Divorce Obtained Abroad By An Alien From His or Her Filipino Spouse.
- An Illustrative Case of a Petition For Annulment of Marriage Since the Solemnizing Officer Failed to Send Copy of the Marriage Contract to the Civil Registrar’s Office.
- An Illustrative Case Where Marriage Was Presumed Since Record Of Marriage Cannot Be Found At LCRO
- An Illustrative Case on the Liability of the Witness to Marriage Ceremony
- Is the Solemnizing Officer Liable if He Solemnizes the Marriage Even if An Impediment Exists?
- An Illustrative Case Re Petition For Nullity Of Marriage For Having No Marriage License Issued To Parties Prior To Celebration Of Marriage
- An Illustrative Case On The Validity Of Marriage In Articulo Mortis Even If One Party Dies Only After One Year
- Validity of Marriage Without Marriage License Among Muslims
- Marriage Without Marriage License Among Indigenous People (IP’s)
- An Illustrative Case On Failure Of The Parties To A Marriage To Sign The Marriage Contract
- OCRG’s Memorandum For LCR’s To Require Affidavit In Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity To Contract Marriage For American Citizens.
- An Illustrative Case Where Parish Priest’s Failure To Execute Affidavit that Marriage Was Celebrated In Articulo Mortis
- Effect if One Party is Not Asked During the Marriage Ceremony
- Constitutionality of Government Office on Determining Whether the Church, Sect, or Religion of the Applicant to Solemnize Marriage Operates in the
is in Good Repute Philippines
- Contents of the Directory of Solemnizing Officers
- Directory Of Solemnizing Officers In The
By Religious Denomination Philippines
- Names and Numbers of Religious Denominations in the Philippines Who were Issued CRASM As of January 2005.
- Directory Of City/Municipal Civil Registrars In The
(As of Philippines March 30, 2007)
- Who Are Authorized to Solemnize Marriage?
- What are the Requirements for Registration?
- What Is Meant By Religion/Religious Sect Deemed Operating In The
- When Is A Religion/Religious Sect In Good Repute?
- What Are The Grounds For Cancellation Of Certificate Of Authority To Solemnize Marriage (CRASM)?
- Registered Marriages by Region 2000-2003
- Number of Registered Marriages by Place (Region, Province, City/Municipality) and Month of Registration 2004-2007
- Daily Averages Of Marriages By Month Of Occurrence
- Remarriage Is More Common Among Men
- Distribution Of Marriages By Type Of Ceremony
- Intermarriages Of Filipinas With Foreign Nationals